Hot News
Loading...

13 Tips On How I Promote My Jewelry Online



So you make kick ass jewelry. So do I and so does everyone else. Intimidating right? Nah. Embrace the competition. See them as inspiration, even reach out and support them. Buy jewelry or share a post of theirs.

It's How You Present Yourself, Not What You Do. 

Millions make jewelry. It's not what you make or how good you are that counts. It's how you present it and yourself to the world.

I am a jewelry designer, a blogger who loves gems and minerals. I'm also a painter and a CEO of a nonprofit. So I do a lot. Jewelry is my passion. I love creating stuff to wear and in my case, if I don't sell it, I have the coolest jewelry collection to choose from.

So how does one go about promoting themselves without being annoying? Especially if they are depending on sales to live? It's not easy, but here are my tools that I use and stuff I do day to day.

My 13 Tips
  1.  I blog almost every day. 
  2.  Google Plus. Use hashtags with your keywords and you'll be on the first page of Google
  3.  Don't just blog about your jewelry. Talk about why you create, the tools you use, and mention  others in and out of your field. 
  4.  Learn from your competitors. They are everywhere. Why? 
  5.  Social media sites such as Instagram, Vine, Twitter, Pinterest, Reddit and Slideshare also  help. 
  6.  Empire Avenue--a place where social media marketers help each other. Even if you're not one,  join, connect with some and they will give you tips, help your promote yourself and much  more. Where do you think I got this idea from? 
  7.  Daily to do list. It's a must. 
  8.  Google Communities and again with the hashtags. Don't spam, post and run. Be sure to  comment, share and plus 1 a few of the other's posts. 
  9.  Podcasting. 2-3 minutes about some blog posts. I like SoundCloud. 
  10.  Web Tools Wiki. It's a huge directory of online tools that help you market yourself and be  more productive. They give a great write up on tools with video or written tutorials. 
  11.  Email list. Give something way either monthly or weekly and make it to where the winner  receives their notification through email only. That way you will get subscribers who are into  you and what you are all about. I use Mailchimp
  12.  Ask your friends to help promote you. 
  13.  And never give up. Ever. No matter how long the wait between sales are. Remember, it's not  about the sales, it's about branding yourself and presenting yourself online. Don't look at  people with the dollar signs in your eyes. Look at them as if you are there to serve them and  meet their needs instead. 
Share on Google Plus

About Johnna Sabri

The Gems and Mineral Diva is also known as Johnna Sabri. Johnna learned how to wire wrap gemstones into fashionable jewelry by Grammy Award winning guitarist, Daryl Thompson, son of Eli Lucky Thompson. This site is dedicated to Daryl as he did more than teach Johnna his gift of jewelry design, he became a father to her.