Working with Bronze and 14K Rose Gold.


Wiresculpture.com has this huge sale going on and I have never worked with Bronze or 14K Rose Gold filled wire before so I got both along with some more copper. Two nights ago, I discovered that Bronze is one of the most challenging metals to work with. Man, it felt like I was wire wrapping with cement.

The two metals look exactly alike. Rose Gold is pretty much the same color as Bronze. In fact I was so sure that they accidently  messed up my order and sent me Bronze binding wire--that was until I worked with the gold. Gold is one of the most easiest metals to work with because it was so malleable. The difference in twisting Bronze and shaping it and coming to the gold was like twisting cement and then trying to twist water. But the results are fabulous!

The result is a Carnelian Agate wrapped in Bronze and 14K Rose Gold filled wire. All Rose Gold is simply 75% Gold and 25% Copper to give it that rosy blushing color. Bronze is also another mix of copper and tin, which gives it this toughness. So it does make sense that the Bronze and Rose Gold look a lot alike.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyous #Sunstone: A #Happy #Gemstone of Delightfulness

My Teacher, Daryl Thompson

Happy Birthday Dad