Adventures of a Gem Diva


On Saturday, I went with some friends up to Sweetwater, TN and had "The Lost Sea Adventure." It was pretty much a guided tour through an awesomly huge cave that had an underwater lake. Now, I know you are saying it's not a real spelunking experience since they had it wired up with some electricity--you've got to realize it's a kid friendly adventure and let's face it--our society is kinda spoiled.

They do offer the Wild Tours where you get to stay the night and do these hard crawls and no light whatsoever. I would have loved to have done that but we didn't have the time. Anyway back to topic here, I have captured some decent shots and will start off with a gorgeous Agate maybe some Fire Agate that I picked up in the gift shop. This little baby just called to me and it is now a part of my personal collection.




The photos below are of the beautiful trees around the outside. I love how pretty the light is as it just flows through them. 



This was the first thing the guide showed us and the light you see is man made but if it wasn't for the light no one would probably be able to see it. 


These are photos of the underground lake. I have more but they did not come out that great. You have to keep in mind that I was using a camera phone on an old black berry  so I did the best with what I had. The lake was cool--yes we were able to touch the water--and there are fish in the lake. 



I really enjoyed my touristy trip to the cave and underwater lake and would love to go and do the wild tours one day and of course, stay the night. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joyous #Sunstone: A #Happy #Gemstone of Delightfulness

My Teacher, Daryl Thompson

Happy Birthday Dad