Hot News
Loading...

Mystery Stone: A Gift from my Mentor



Last weekend when I went to Atlanta, I made sure to drop by my mentor's shop, Elegance Boutique which is located in Atlanta's Little 5 Points district. Daryl and I caught up and I gave him a nice little collection of gems and I explored some of his new items. One of them, I picked up and he said, "Keep it," He had two pieces.

This is what he gave me.


He told me that he didn't know what it was and that I would probably know more--which is a huge compliment! So I held it up to the light and BOOM! I saw the fire. Rainbow Moonstone. And the other stuff in it? It looked like hematite or possibly tourmaline, but it has this flakiness that is similar to mica. So I got on google and did some research. Turns out, it could be  the minerals Oligoclase--which is usually white with shades of grey, green or even red at times or Oligoclase--which  usually accompanies Orthoclase which is also in this mix--and is known in some forms as moonstone due to the pale luster of the types of minerals. Rainbow Moonstone is really a colorless form of Labradorite which is also in the feldspar group of minerals as Moonstone. 

Whatever this stone may be--besides the white part being Rainbow Moonstone--I love it! I love the soothing energy which is a signature of moonstone. It has this feminine and soft feathery feel to it--like a silky gently energetic touch. It makes a nice addition to my gem collection. 
Share on Google Plus

About Johnna Crider

The Gems and Mineral Diva is also known as Johnna Sabri. Johnna learned how to wire wrap gemstones into fashionable jewelry by Grammy Award winning guitarist, Daryl Thompson, son of Eli Lucky Thompson. This site is dedicated to Daryl as he did more than teach Johnna his gift of jewelry design, he became a father to her.